Hartwood Automotive's Front Mount Intercooler Announcement

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Hartwood Automotive's Front Mount Intercooler Announcement

Post by Ed Lijewski »

http://www.hartwoodautomotive.com/HartwoodFMIC.htm

NOVAMOG List:
"Message: 1
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:07:00 -0400
Subject: Announcing Hartwood Automotive's Front Mount Intercooler / Radiator / Fan module for the MerkurXR4ti

Hartwood Automotive has developed a new FMIC for the XR4ti!

We are having an informal get together at the shop this Saturday, October 2nd, 2004 to unveil this new product and have a look at the first installation in an XR4ti. . If you are close to Northern VA, come on by and have a look, enjoy the company of other XR owners, and have some luinch with us!

Details and pictures about the FMIC as well as directions and contact information are on the web site at: http://www.hartwoodautomotive.com Click on the intercooler pic on the left to go the the FMIC page for pics and details!

TNKS
Dave"

Looks schweeeet :!:

YMMV 8)
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

Looks nice.
I wonder what rad they're using? Scirocco maybe?
(*Trys to think back to what the rads in the Sciroccos looked like...*)
"Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power is derived from a mandate from the masses, not from some farsical aquatic ceremony."
adioskate12
Level 2
Level 2

Post by adioskate12 »

"Price to be determinded" Im sure its giong to be a lot, im not a fan of hartwood automotive since they F'd up so hardcore on my exhust. Stevie wonder could make a better fitting exhuast. the end piece doesnt fit at all. The downpipe hits the belhousing and the car. I had to pound the hell out of it to make it fit. I thought it was going to be a plug and play operation but far from. this is also after it took over 3 months to get sent to me.

So I wouldnt get too excited about it. You can always get a vovlo IC or a saab IC and make something better for a lot less cost.

My .02 cents
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

its custom built for Dave.
Chuck W wrote:Looks nice.
I wonder what rad they're using? Scirocco maybe?
(*Trys to think back to what the rads in the Sciroccos looked like...*)
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
d3m0n1c50ld13r
Level 4
Level 4

Post by d3m0n1c50ld13r »

That actually looks really good....

and its a helpfull solution for people with no j/y luck who need something
that wont take hours of custom work to install
Frag
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Frag »

I would like to know the price myself.
:)
Broadwing

Post by Broadwing »

Do over-radiator IC's like these need a Cosworth grill to get decent airflow over the cooler? Seems like it would, but I know not the magical ways of the XR's underhood airflow.
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

looks nice, no big deal though, NYC (insert the other ones too) guys have done stuff like that already! :wink:
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
Frag
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Frag »

fastmaul wrote:looks nice, no big deal though, NYC (insert the other ones too) guys have done stuff like that already! :wink:
Sure it's been done before but I think hartwood is the shop selling ready made kits at this point.
vcallaway
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vcallaway »

Looks similar to a design I hit up a local shop to make.

The setup I want to make uses a 4-pass radiator mounted fairly high with the intercooler section below the mount.

The local shop quoted me $600 to make it up. That price does not include any plumbing.

I will be curious to see what these guys come up with on price.
couvmerk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by couvmerk »

thats gonna cost alot I predict 800+ dollar range for some reason :p
swapping bodys...gonna be an 88 put together from a ton of different cars.
http://leeyu.tripod.com/lights/
sierra lights ! and body swap pretty much done !
Sock
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Sock »

Man, that guy sure has some meaty hands!
d3m0n1c50ld13r
Level 4
Level 4

Post by d3m0n1c50ld13r »

Broadwing wrote:Do over-radiator IC's like these need a Cosworth grill to get decent airflow over the cooler? Seems like it would, but I know not the magical ways of the XR's underhood airflow.
I'm possitive that the Cosworth grill would supply much wanted air to the IC.. simple as that :o
Frag
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Frag »

If it costs $800 you can count me out. i'm just too cheap to pay that much. I might consider it at $600

Then again the rapido intercooler kit is over $1200 but the junkyard equivelant.

BUT the junkyard solution like using a Saab or Audi radiator and an intercooler simmilar in design to short cossie style could come out much cheaper in cost but fails horrible on the "bling" factor and it's also not bolt in like the two above designs so you have factor in that also.
Turbopit
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Turbopit »

Front Mount Intercooler / Radiator / Fan module
You think you are going to get all that for 600-800? That would be a KILLER deal.