MCA Awards & Judging Guidelines

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

MCA Awards & Judging Guidelines

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

This year we thought it would make sense to list out the MCA awards ahead of
time, as well as the guidelines for participation. Bear in mind, these
awards are IN ADDITION to the Carlisle Productions awards which are chosen
via a "people's choice" selection process. The Carlisle Productions awards
are given out Sunday afternoon at the grandstand; the MCA awards are given
out Saturday night at the awards banquet at the hotel. Now, onto the list:

"Best in Class" Awards
1985 XR4Ti Stock
1985 XR4Ti Modified

1986 XR4Ti Stock
1986 XR4Ti Modified

1987 XR4Ti Stock
1987 XR4Ti Modified

1988 XR4Ti Stock
1988 XR4Ti Modified

1989 XR4Ti Stock
1989 XR4Ti Modified

1988 Scorpio Stock
1988 Scorpio Modified

1989 Scorpio Stock
1989 Scorpio Modified

Special Awards:
Furthest Driven Merkur to Carlisle
Most in Need of a Tow Home (yes, we do have a sense of humor!)
Best Engine Compartment
Most Outrageous XR4Ti
Most Gorgeous Scorpio
MCA Member of the Year
Roland Zuk Award for Engineering Innovation
Special "Spirit" Award, to be announced at Dinner

Guidelines:
This is NOT a "Concours" type of judging event like you'd see at Pebble
Beach, but we do try to take a small step up from being just a "popularity
contest", so here's some of the rules:

1) All cars must be running and driven onto the show-field
2) MCA judging entry form must be placed under windshield wiper or on
dashboard (if car is left un-locked). Forms will be available at the MCA
tent on the show field and will also be posted on-line shortly at the Awards
Page located here:
http://www.merkurclub.com/carlisle_2k4/awards.htm
3) MCA judging is open to current MCA members (note, you can now renew your
membership via PayPal while making your dinner/t-shirt reservation)
4) The hood of the vehicle must be open. In the event of rain, just leave
it un-latched.
5) Vehicle to be judged must be on the show-field in the correct row between
11AM and 3PM on Saturday

That's all for now,

Brad
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

I have a question! :lol: :lol: So in order to "Win" anything from the "MCA" you have to be a member correct? So When I register both my cars for Carlisle and they ask me if I belong to a club and I put down MCA to Help you guys win the "Biggest Club" trophy what do I get out of that? Just a question as I thought If I put you down as my club, My car should be able to be judged without being a member! sounds fair to me :D 8)

-Erik
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tannehilln »

$5.00 discount per show field registration for putting down that you are with the Club. IN your case $10.00 cash money. 8)
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Fair question Eric... First, Norm's point is absolutely valid - you already saved $10 if you took advantage of the club-only discounted advance registration. Several things, like this Forum and the IMON list, we make available to everyone even though it is paid for by annual membership dues. It's the PBS approach to funding - it works - no plan to change it.

The MCA Carlisle awards cost about $500, which is largely paid for by annual membership dues. Here, it just made sense to make this a member benefit. After all, we have to demonstrate value to membership or people won't renew and the whole cookie starts to crumble. :( Before making this decision, we polled several other clubs, and without exception, every single one requires membership to be eligible for any club awards they give out.

So why the sudden interest in the car judging awards? :) I thought you told us a couple months back that you had no interest!!! :lol:
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Ok, that seems Very Fair!!!! I am ok with that! :lol:

I am asking because Taryn's car should be ready and will look nice as I am sure others will be!! so I just thought if it looks(as nice as I hope it does) good it'd be a shame if she got not recognition for it. I will join again, if just only for using the bandwidth on this forum!(as you can see from my post count! LOL) You know how I feel about certain people, so I'm just telling myself to ignore them and join anyway.
next question...how much is it again for me and Taryn??
thanks. 8)
-Erik
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote:Ok, that seems Very Fair!!!! I am ok with that! :lol:

I am asking because Taryn's car should be ready and will look nice as I am sure others will be!! so I just thought if it looks(as nice as I hope it does) good it'd be a shame if she got not recognition for it. I will join again, if just only for using the bandwidth on this forum!(as you can see from my post count! LOL) You know how I feel about certain people, so I'm just telling myself to ignore them and join anyway.
next question...how much is it again for me and Taryn??
thanks. 8)
-Erik
Thanks for understanding Erik. Trust me, we gave it a pretty considerable amount of thought. The last thing we want to do is appear "exclusionary" or "elitist" is any way. I know I have no interest in belonging to any sort of organization that aspires to that.

The good news for you is that one membership covers you both. Either that or yours is $20 and Taryn's is free! The only problem is, now I can just picture the two of you fighting over the member goody bag! :lol:

This year, you can do dinner reservation, t-shirt pre-order, and membership payment via PayPal using one form. Just click the link below - there will be options for PayPal or mail-in payment:

http://www.merkurclub.com/carlisle_2k4/dinner_res.htm
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

if they register two cars they each should recieve the goody bag!so bring em both down

quote:
The good news for you is that one membership covers you both. Either that or yours is $20 and Taryn's is free! The only problem is, now I can just picture the two of you fighting over the member goody bag! :lol:
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

jasonty wrote:if they register two cars they each should recieve the goody bag!so bring em both down
I think that only works for the Carlisle Productions goody bag IF you register separately and do NOT take advantage of the 2nd car discount.

For the MCA goody bag (which, quite frankly, is more valuable than what you'll get from Carlisle Productions), it's one per membership, and each membership is a family membership. I just hope this policy doesn't cause any marraiges to be disolved! :lol:
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Very cool guys! Nope no goody bag will come between us..because I'm getting it and that's final! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok, sounds good. 8)
Cozz
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Cozz »

So, is Eric saying he's NOT a member of the MCA? He's using big words to confuse me. I always thought he was.
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Cozz wrote:So, is Eric saying he's NOT a member of the MCA? He's using big words to confuse me. I always thought he was.
That is Correct Cozz, I'm not a Paid up member.
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

well in the past(last year)Dave said i get two bags.one for my dad in his 88 and one for myself in my 87 based on the family membership.the year before we only got one bag.and thats w/the family membership if that makes a difference.
see you all soon

I think that only works for the Carlisle Productions goody bag IF you register separately and do NOT take advantage of the 2nd car discount.
Last edited by jasonty on Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

I just paid me 20 bux :D
So do I get dancing girls comin' around soon? :P :P
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

The value of the contents of a member goody bag already exceed the annual membership cost, and now you want two? :lol: We eliminated the "family membership" last year and the associated surcharge. We just figured every membership is a family membership, but if somebody in the family wants their own membership, they could certainly sign up separately.

I'm not sure about the Carlisle Productions bag - I don't know that I'd take two if they even offered! :)

Speaking of goody bags, this year you'll be able to pick them up along with your dinner tickets and pre-ordered t-shirts in the hotel back lobby Friday night - probably 7 to 8PM or so.
Last edited by DPDISXR4Ti on Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote:I just paid me 20 bux :D
So do I get dancing girls comin' around soon? :P :P
Yes, but lap dances are still an additional $5. $10 for non-members. :lol: